Bill Shorten has effectively expressed no confidence in his own judgement.
Despite his hysterical response today, the facts are clear:
Today’s Fair Work Commission was determined by a full bench of the Fair Work Commission. A full bench made up of Labor appointees including:
- President Ross – handpicked by Bill Shorten as Workplace Relations Minister;
- Vice President Cantanzariti – handpicked by Bill Shorten as Workplace Relations Minister;
- Deputy President Asbury – handpicked by Bill Shorten as Workplace Relations Minister;
- Commissioner Hamption – handpicked by Julia Gillard as Workplace Relations Minister;
- Commissioner Lee – handpicked by Chris Evans as Workplace Relations Minister.
The decision was as a part of a review that Bill Shorten specifically legislated, with the support of the ACTU, to require.
As Workplace Relations Minister, I made a submission to the Fair Work Commission asking them to follow the guidance for interpreting the new law that was put on the record by the Government when Bill Shorten was the Minister.
The personnel were hand-picked and given the green-light by the ACTU. The framework as amended in consultation with the ACTU and publicly backed by them.
Bill Shorten took delight in knifing Labor Leaders Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard so it would come as no surprise that the day has now come where he has decided to start destabilising himself.